Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Week Five, Day 2.... trouble ahead

  Before I start ranting about tomorrow and Thursday's weather I will bloop about this morning. It was a pleasant 36 degrees with a feels like 31, 6 mph ESE winds... I might have dressed too warmly up top but not bad for a short easy run. 
  Rocky and I hit the roads and ran 4 miles in 41:12 with an average pace of 10:17 min/mile, still somewhat slower than last week but my legs are feeling the last few days' workouts now.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:48
Mile 2 - 10:16
Mile 3 - 10:07

   Then we got home, and I could hear Dorian was awake so I quietly and quickly changed clothes, stretched and got out the door.
 Got to the gym for an hour of circuits.
Went really good, focused on the biceps, triceps and chest with a few others added in.
Standing Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets/ 24 reps/ 20 lbs, 2 sets/ 24 reps/ 17.5 lbs
Fly Delt: 4 sets/ 20 reps/ 50 lbs
Standing Tricep Cable Pulldown: 4 sets/ 18 reps/ 40 lbs
Seated Leg Press: 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 100 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 110 lbs
Seated Chest Press: 1 set/ 18 reps/ 45 lbs, 1 set/ 8 reps/ 60 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 45 lbs, 1 set/ 10 reps/ 55 lbs
Leg Extensions: 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
Rear Delt: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs
Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 2 sets/ 20 reps/ 15 lbs, 2 sets/ 15 reps/ 15 lbs
Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets/ 8 reps/ 15 lbs

Hip Adductors: 4 sets/ 25 reps/ 30 lbs


  Now for the ranting, tomorrow morning shows rain, lots of rain throughout the morning that will turn into snow and they are predicting at least 5 inches of snow (angry face)!!!! Granted, rain isn't bad but in temps of 34 degrees with a feels like 27 and 9-10 mph N-NNW winds..... that really sucks major!! I had 7 miles planned for tomorrow morning, and I do not want to ruin my still new shoes as my old shoes probably would do me well for that long of distance.
Then Thursday is no better, snow all morning with temps around 17 degrees and feels like 3 with winds around 13 mph N!!!!! Nature hates me, it must not want me to get my mileage in..... all I want is to reach 30 miles before spring damn it. If I was to give up and not run tomorrow or Thursday, that would take 7 miles out of my week that is currently showing 36.3 miles so I would end up with 29.3 miles unless I added a mile to Sunday giving me 10 for my long run. The weather on Friday won't be awful, low of 7 and high of 28 and sunny. Saturday will also be sunny, high of 40 and low of 21 while Sunday will be sunny, high of 43 and low of 28. Next week is promising nicer weather but so was this week last Wednesday. 
I guess I'll just see what it looks like tomorrow morning when I wake up, if it isn't raining too bad then we'll go and I'll wear my rain jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment