Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day Seven, Week 5....... Blah

  This whole daylight savings thing really screwed me up, we didn't even go to bed until around 11 PM, then lose an hour and my alarm then goes off at 4 AM which was more like 3 AM... oh and I did something stupid yesterday...
  Sometimes, at least for the past 3-4 months on a particular day or two my bowels slow way down but are become really active... it's weird to describe so I've taken a laxative (for her, it seems to be more gentle) when I have these issues and it sometimes helps. Well I took one yesterday around 3 PM but it didn't do anything, I thought it just wasn't going to work... until 4 AM this morning :( suffice to say I went 4-5 times before my run then stopped like 3-4 times during my run which really aggravated my hamstrings during this run.
   Rocky and I were aiming for 9.5 miles but ended up with 8.5 miles because my bowels were really starting to piss me off and my legs were sore and aching at that point. I really wanted 9.5 miles, or 25 miles for the week but I'll take 24 miles for the week and be happy that I was able to get up and get a run in even though I was doubtful this morning. Temperature was 27 degrees, not bad at all and it is only going to get warmer. We ran 8.5 miles in 1:25:56 with an average pace of 10:07 min/mile, and elevation gain of 262 feet and a loss of 267 feet. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:48
Mile 2 - 10:08
Mile 3 - 10:05
Mile 4 - 10:00
Mile 5 - 9:56
Mile 6 - 9:54
Mile 7 - 10:25 (there was a small but annoying hill, and I walked it)\
Mile 8 - 9:55
Mile 8.5 - 9:30

  I am not sure if I will run tomorrow, I guess it just depends on how my legs feel tonight and tomorrow morning but if I don't I will go to the gym still.
  Weighed myself this morning at 148.4 but I will say 149 lbs since I ran and went to the bathroom... a lot, I am sure I was dehydrated.





No comments:

Post a Comment