Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day Four, Week 6 - an Okay Run

  This morning didn't exactly go as planned, though I did get to run but I didn't get to go to the gym. I woke up at 2:30 for no reason whatsoever, decided to get up and went to make Dorian a drink. Before making the drink I told Rocky to get out of the bedroom so he wouldn't be "locked" in there once I shut it. I made Dorian's drink, took it into the room and placed it on the nightstand just in case he woke up not realizing that Rocky had gone back into the room.
  I went to lay down in Dorian's bed, waiting for my alarm to go off at 3 AM but when it did I was still too tired so I decided to wait a few minutes only to wake up at 3:39 AM................... damn it! I got dressed for my run, thinking I will have to drop it from 6 miles to 3 not only so I would have time to go to the gym but because my leg was still bothering me. Around 4 AM as I finished getting ready, I could hear Dorian waking up and getting upset and thought "f*&k! So I waited, and waited for him to go back to sleep, I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the gym or at least the probability of me going was impossible.
  I headed out, and the top of my left hamstring was a bit sore still but not awful so that was a good sign. I ended up running 6.2 miles in 1:04:13 with an average pace of 10:22 min/mile and elevation gain of 126 feet, and a loss of 132 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:41
Mile 2 - 10:31
Mile 3 - 10:14
Mile 4 - 10:39
Mile 5 - 9:59
Mile 6 - 10:11
Mile 6.2 - 10:00

    It was odd running without Rocky, but he knows the game plan each morning so it's his own fault. I've got 4 miles planned tomorrow but they are promising a downpour of rain so we'll see, either way I will be going to the gym.... if Dorian allows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment