Monday, March 16, 2015

Day One, Week 7 - Struggling not to Say Screw it......... Partial Rant

  I didn't plan on running until this afternoon with Dorian, I did plan on going to the gym though.... that is until I went out to my Tahoe and it wouldn't start, just like last Friday. We had put a new alternator in it, thought that had fixed the problem but low and behold it did not. I was pissed off, and I went on a rant over facebook (after the run). I mean I was at a serious low point, but I decided that Rocky and I would go ahead and run because I was not about to let fate screw me over this afternoon on my run.
  It was 48 degrees but at this point my blood was boiling so I wore shorts, it was a little chilly but not bad. It didn't matter though, my blood was hot enough at this point it could've been 30 degrees. Near the last mile a loose dog interrupted us and I thought I was going to be dragging Rocky the rest of the way home because this stupid dog followed us and kept trying to get Rocky to play with him. At this point... if I had been carrying my gun I probably would've shot the dog, but thankfully he changed his mind and went somewhere else.
  We ran 3.2 miles in 33:01 with an average pace of 10:19 min/mile, the garmin was screwed up (I need to update it) saying I had an elevation gain of 390 feet and a loss of 404 feet.......... wow lol. Everything else seemed correct.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:00
Mile 2 - 10:09
Mile 3 - 9:58
Mile 3.2 - 9:36

   Suffice to say when I got home I went on a rant, I just feel that over the last few weeks, fate has been doing it's best to mock my attempts at a healthy, active lifestyle and has thrown just about everything not life-threatening in my path and part of me is seriously wondering about just quitting and giving up any goals I have... maybe the average every once in a while run but that's is kind of thing. It just seems so much easier to be sedentary and inactive than to try and push for a better life and body and to set an example for my son and possibly inspire others. I just don't know how much more I can take, over the last few weeks I feel that something has been constantly trying to derail me and my goals... I've fought and fought, I've come back more determined but this morning nearly broke me. Dorian woke up at 3:30 AM, restless and cranky so I took him to his bed and laid with him there, hoping and praying he would fall back to sleep. He was out by 4:05 AM and I was out of his bed and getting ready, I was physically and mentally on my game and ready to hit it hard at the gym only to find my Tahoe wouldn't start...... and it just about sent me into a rage like no other.
  BUT I am calmed down, and we've got a new starter in the Tahoe (along with the new alternator last Friday). Hopefully, HOPEFULLY that was the problem and my Green Beast will be good to me from now on. Hopefully

  I did end up doing some weights at home - 31 minutes, the focus was on shoulders & delts
Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 8 lbs, 3 sets/ 15 reps/ 8 lbs
Dumbbell Upright Row: 5 sets/ 20 reps/ 10 lbs, 1 set/ 25 reps/ 10 lbs
Shoulder Shrugs: 5 sets/ 20 reps/ 10 lbs, 1 set/ 25 reps/ 10 lbs
Side Laterals to Front Raise: 6 sets/ 15 reps/ 10 lbs
Front Plate Raise: 1 set/ 8 reps/ 25 lbs, 5 sets/ 12 reps/ 25 lbs

   I seriously need my other 20 lb and 15 lbs dumbbells back here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment