Friday, March 6, 2015

Day 5 of Week 5

   I chickened out of a run AGAIN dang it, I swear this is the last time, starting tomorrow morning Rocky and I will get back on track with out runs.
But I did make it to the gym and get a great work out in, focusing on biceps, triceps and chest, but with a little bit of the lower body too.

Standing Dumbbell Curls (alternating weights): 3 sets/ 24 reps/ 17.5 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 20 lbs, 1 set/ 20 reps/ 20 lbs
Standing Triceps Cable Pulldown (alternating weights): 3 sets/ 24 reps/ 40 lbs, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs
Fly Delt (alternating weights): 3 sets/ 24 reps/ 45 lbs, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs
Seated Leg Press: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 110 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 130 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 115 lbs
Seated Chest Press (alternating weights): 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs, 3 sets/ 8 reps/ 60 lbs
Standing Calf Raises: 1 set/ 12 reps/ 25 lbs, 5 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
Leg Extensions: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs
Arm Extensions: 1 set/ 12 reps/ 25 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs
Hip Adductors: 1 set/ 25 reps/ 35 lbs, 5 sets/ 25 reps/ 40 lbs
Standing One Arm Dumbbell Raises: 2 sets/ 15 reps/ 10 lbs, 3 sets/ 15 reps/ 12.5 lbs

    Looking at the weather forecast, this is the last time I am chickening out although tomorrow morning will be relatively cold too. This morning was 4 degrees and by the time I got out of the gym it was going between 0 and -1. I don't know what it is, but ever since that Sunday after the Hearts on Fire 5k I have not been able to willingly go out for a run in temps so cold. It's one thing to be freezing cold, it's also one thing to be sore and hurting BUT it is a whole other beast to be freezing cold AND sore and hurting altogether :(
  Psychologically I think it just messed with my head way too much, the thought of going out there and experiencing all that all over again just puts the breaks on my desire to run. I didn't have a horrible experience last winter, I actually enjoyed the couple of times I ran in negative temperatures but this winter... I don't know, maybe the fact that we didn't really have a winter but MAYBE 2-3 weeks of actual horrible temperatures near or below 0. Maybe my body just didn't have a chance to adapt well enough to it, these two winter storms were too sudden and then gone a few days later whereas last winter it was horribly cold from mid January to late March.
   Either way, I am not trying to make excuses but I can't run on a treadmill... my sanity won't allow it but most of all it would be like cheating on Rocky. He deserves to run just as much as I do, and I keep apologizing to him for not going. Hopefully we can suffer through tomorrow's final really cold temperature and then have better days after this........ hopefully no more crappy near 0 temperatures damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment