Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Got to Wear Shorts and No Shirt!!!!

  This morning was a B-E-A-UTIFUL 58 degrees, but first I have to tell my bad dream. I was having a lot of strange dreams but I could've sworn I woke up and it was daylight and I looked at my phone and it said 6:59 AM! I thought (F word) I missed my run, my 4:45 AM alarm didn't even go off, now I'll have to run this afternoon if I can. I didn't realize that I woke up right after that and I laid in bed for a few minutes just thinking, before I soon realized it was still dark outside so I thought WTF? I looked at my watch and it said 4:39 AM, I was ecstatic that I didn't miss my run yet but I still had to sneak out of bed.
  At some moments, it didn't look like it was going to happen but Rocky and I managed to get out the door. I wore my shorts and a t-shirt, it felt amazing out and around 1.5 miles I took that shirt off and felt even better. I had my blinky vest on and had clipped my knife to it since it was too heavy to clip on my shorts, well without a shirt it rubbed against my stomach so now I have a raw spot there.
   Anyways, my right ankle was giving me some issues again but not awful (again), I'll be happy when it goes away completely. It was a bit windy but not bad, maybe 8 mph SSW winds I think, and an elevation gain of 114 feet and a loss of 118 feet. Near the very end of my run I saw another runner running! There's just an awesome feeling when seeing a fellow runner out.
   Rocky and I ran 6 miles in 1:02:20 with an average pace of 10:23 min/mile, so it was a great run even though I felt slower than I was.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:59
Mile 2 - 10:26
Mile 3 - 10:25
Mile 4 - 10:19
Mile 5 - 10:18
Mile 6 - 9:52

No comments:

Post a Comment