Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This 9 Miler was Sore and Drawn Out

   I definitely think I need a day's rest, and tomorrow I am most certainly going to enjoy that rest. I got up at 4:15 AM, I could smell my coffee brewing and it smelled so good. I got dressed and sipped on some coffee while getting my hair up, and then checked the weather wishing I had gotten my shorts instead but I wasn't about to open the door and wake Dorian up so capris were going to have to do it.
   Rocky and I were out the door 10 minutes before 5 AM, and I could tell this run was going to be a bit sore but not bad. After running 15.5 miles Sunday, then walking 5.2 miles Monday and then running 6 miles yesterday morning, I knew 9 miles this morning was pushing it but tomorrow's forecast swears a chance of thunderstorms all day so I had no choice.
   For some reason this run seemed really drawn out, if I could I would upload my route just to show how much overlapping and going down side roads just to get an extra .2 or half mile in trying to scrape my 9 miles in this morning. Rocky was definitely tired, and warm but he was a trooper and I let him trot in the grass whenever he wanted.
   We ran 9 miles in 1:33:30 with an average pace of 10:23 min/mile, elevation gain of 248 feet and a loss of 252 feet. Temperature was 54 degrees with 6 mph ENE winds with humidity at 67%. I am going to enjoy tomorrow's rest day.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:52
Mile 2 - 10:44
Mile 3 - 10:36
Mile 4 - 10:37
Mile 5 - 9:56
Mile 6 - 10:07
Mile 7 - 10:18
Mile 8 - 10:25
Mile 9 - 9:53

No comments:

Post a Comment