Friday, April 18, 2014

A Tough but Great Run at Audubon

  I gotta admit, I sure do love the butt kicking I get from John James Audubon's trails :) That is tough love I can get used to enjoying. Temperature was around 60'something but the humidity was high so it seemed a bit warmer than last week. My quads were heavy feeling and threatening to get heavier during the run but I guess that is a good thing, as I'll need to know that feeling when still climbing hills and having miles and miles to go. It felt tougher than last week, but my ankle held up well (with brace on) even when I pinched the outside of it at one point and it felt like a little pinched nerve but went away in seconds. The problem has been more on the inside of my right ankle.
  I think my left shin or calf or whatever is hurting thanks to Dorian and Rocky, Dorian loves climbing all over me and for some reason LOVES climbing all over my legs. When he just about puts all 27 lbs of him into one hand or foot onto my legs it hurts, and after a while of this I bet there is muscle tissue or something bruised. But that didn't hurt yesterday either, so good.
  Anyways, as expected it was a bit slower pace. I ran 3.3 miles including a new trail that I never knew existed but I think I remember hiking it years, years ago (like 10 years ago). I missed the last major climb by doing this trail, but it had it's only major climb minus 40 feet compared to the other. The 3.3 miles took 38 minutes and 4 seconds with a pace of 11:32 min/mile, total elevation gain of 912 feet with a loss of 810 feet so compared to last week which was 961 feet with a loss of 886 feet, so it stayed pretty much on track even with the hills (more like ravines) and trees. I think I can safely assume that a loop of 3.3 miles is around 950 feet or anywhere between 900 and 1000 feet of climb. Cannot wait to be doing more than one loop but first this one has got to get just a tad easier lol.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:14
Mile 2 - 10:41
Mile 3 - 12:41
.3      - 11:29

   Mile 2 had some relatively flat or downhill or rolling hills so I did try to hit them at a good pace. I did take pictures but haven't had a chance to get them on here, and still no Demonic Horsefly yet so that is really good news.

  I started this bloop last night but never finished until this morning so here is an update on my ankle:
 I did begin icing my ankle and lower leg issue yesterday, my ankle isn't feeling sore this morning but I am still going to keep icing and wearing the brace until no pain at all. I am going to try and stick to trails too, just avoid the road right now even if I must run the levee back and forth (I hate GPS overlapping lines lol). Today might have a walk somewhere in there, but mainly resting and I think I will cut my long run in half, or run 6-8 miles Saturday morning and 8-10 miles Sunday morning.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment