Thursday, April 24, 2014

Still Some Aches in Both

  I went ahead and bought another CEP ankle brace, hopefully it will get here by Saturday. Both ankles ache now, the aches come and go during the run and I am just hoping and praying I don't have to stop for a few days. Two weeks from this Sunday we're leaving to Tennessee for a week and I am pretty much expecting that to be a cutback week, most likely 20 miles or less running but hopefully some hiking. I am just holding out until then, hoping that whatever the issues are will stay at bay and not get worse until then. Heck, I'll take the entire week off from running if that will help.

   Anyways, this morning Rocky and I ran 5.2 miles on the trails. I wore the ankle brace on my right foot, but both were kind of sore. Nothing that affected my stride or anything, but that little ache that just irritates you because you would much rather have a pleasant, pain free, invincible feeling kind of run you know? So I would rather call it an annoying ache.
   The trails are drying up, deer smell funny.... like barn animals - pigs, cows and horses. We ran 5.2 miles in 57:57 with an average pace of 11:08 min/mile, elevation gain of 83 feet and a loss of 97 feet.
  As the soreness has returned, I think I will cut this weekends long run to 13 miles depending on how I feel.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:56
Mile 2 - 11:04
Mile 3 - 10:50
Mile 4 - 10:39
Mile 5 - 11:21
.2       - 10:32

No comments:

Post a Comment