Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Lied, John James Audubon Trails

   I was hoping I could run the trails at John James Audubon tomorrow afternoon, but with the fear of what the forecast was threatening I was scared it wouldn't happen so I had my mom watch Dorian this afternoon and ran the trails. I must admit I am so glad I did that, I am not going to lie.... and it was tough. The temperature was 75 degrees so I was wearing shorts and a Nike sleeveless tank top, luckily humidity was down to 39% so it didn't feel awful and there was a 15 mph WSW breeze.
   I ran 3.3 miles in 37:35 with an average pace of 11:23 min/mile, and the total elevation gain during this run was 961 feet with a loss of 886 feet. To run even a 10k would be an elevation gain of 1,922 feet, a 15k would be 2,883 feet and a half marathon distance would be 3,844 feet!!! Holy cow!!! If I was to run that same loop just the way I did tonight, 4 times then that would give me 13.2 miles which is pretty much half marathon distance.
   To run 26.2 miles on the same loop, I would have to run 8 loops giving me 26.4 and an elevation gain of 7,688 feet which would make those trails WAY tougher than the Two Lakes Loop trails I ran almost 3 weeks ago. I would really like to be able to run this loop once a week and work up to 2-3 loops by the middle of summer or at least by the end of this year.


Laps/splits:
Mile 1 - 11:15
Mile 2 - 11:14
Mile 3 - 12:14
.3      - 9:32 (this part was downhill)

  Here are a few pics I took just after 2 miles.





No comments:

Post a Comment