Monday, April 21, 2014

  I can say without any hesitation that I am looking forward to not having to wake up early tomorrow morning. This morning I almost didn't bother when my alarm went off at 4 AM, I was wiped out and the brace had started a blister or bruise on the top of my foot because I hadn't been wearing socks between the brace and my skin. I laid in bed for 7 minutes telling myself it wouldn't be so bad if I took the next two days off...... but eventually I got up and went straight to the coffee and poured a cup while sitting at the computer looking over the weather and still debating. I had taken the brace off, and then went to get dressed and we were out the door by 4:30.
   I could tell the trails were slowly starting to dry, but there were still some problem spots AND it is supposed to rain tonight through tomorrow morning so I am sure the trails will be back to wet and muddy. I got sick of one spot in particular, ruining my favorite trail so I spent 10-15 minutes finding logs and limbs to set up a makeshift "bridge". Sadly I didn't get a picture but I might make some improvements Wednesday, and I would like to actually get out there and do many of the flooded sections like that.
   Temperature was 54 degrees, I was wearing shorts and a dri-fit tee and it felt great. My legs were doing much better, even without the brace so I am feeling pretty good about recovery. The original plan was just 4 miles for today, but by mile 3 I was feeling so good that I decided we were going to at least run 5 miles. We ended up running 5.3 in 59:27 with an average pace of 11:12 min/mile, again I will not mention the stupid elevation thing.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:25
Mile 2 - 10:57
Mile 3 - 11:08
Mile 4 - 11:06
Mile 5 - 10:53
.3      - 9:51

      I have to admit, I am getting used to the mud and water..... but still annoyed that I have to clean my shoes just about every dang day.

No comments:

Post a Comment