Wednesday, April 9, 2014

9 Miles This Morning

   I think I woke up before my alarm at 4:05 AM, and I could smell my coffee (yum). I got up, got dressed and drank my coffee and then checked the weather to see if I needed gloves and the long sleeves, temperature was 43 degrees with no wind so I went ahead and wore the long sleeves and gloves (and my capris).
   Rocky and I were trying another seldom used route, doing our best to avoid loose dogs, awful traffic and the roads that could possibly still be flooded. Overall it went really well, no issues with floods, cars or loose dogs and my right ankle seemed to be doing better. I did go on www.runningwarehouse.com and purchase a CEP RxOrtho+ Ankle Brace and I am hoping it will help a lot though I am not sure if I will wear it during runs even though it says that it can be. It was delivered last night and I am wearing it now, so far it feels really comfortable.
   Anyways, Rocky and I ran 9 miles in 1:32:35 with an average pace of 10:17 min/mile. An elevation gain of 231 feet and a loss of 245 feet, overall a good run and no issues.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:02
Mile 2 - 10:02
Mile 3 - 9:59
Mile 4 - 10:33
Mile 5 - 10:38
Mile 6 - 10:34
Mile 7 - 10:26
Mile 8 - 9:40
Mile 9 - 9:39

    Tomorrow Rocky and I will run an easy 4 miler because I plan on hitting the Audubon trails on Friday afternoon for a hilly 3 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment