Thursday, April 10, 2014

This Morning's Easy 4 Miles with a Fast Finish

   I set my alarm for 5:30 AM but I woke up probably somewhere between 4:30 and 5 AM, laying in bed staring at the ceiling wondering what time it was. I got up at 5:20 AM, sick of waiting and noticing that daylight was coming (dang it). But I only had 4 miles planned so I didn't need to get up real early this time, I checked the weather and went ahead and wore capris with my short sleeves. Rocky and I were out the door by 5:50 AM for our run, my ankle was feeling tons better since wearing the CEP brace thingy all day yesterday, it didn't ache at all.
   We got our four miles done nice and easy, and no dog issues or anything like that. The last .2 at a 6:59 min/mile pace (Woohoo!!!!) We ran 4.2 miles in 42:56 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile, elevation gain of 126 feet and a loss of 128 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:06
Mile 2 - 11:02
Mile 3 - 10:21
Mile 4 - 9:02
.2       - 6:59

    It was supposed to be easy and slow, the first 2 miles were pretty much right on target but I decided to go with how I felt and everything felt pretty easy actually. Hopefully tomorrow's weather will allow me to hit the John James Audubon Trails in the afternoon, see what kind of butt kicking I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment