Saturday, April 26, 2014

Gotta Keep Rocky in Shape

  This is day 2 of my no running, and it is a bit depressing.... especially when I received Trail Runner mag in the mail Thursday, so yeah that doesn't help. There hasn't been much pain at all since Thursday's 5 miler, so I am trying to stay positive and hope that this rest will help tremendously. Of course I don't think I can call it rest when I am on my feet chasing a 2 year old around..... he just doesn't know how to stand still or sit and play with something, he's just got to be on the move constantly. Luckily, I am not feeling any pain or soreness when chasing him so I guess that is a good thing... right?
  I do feel kind of achy.... or... stiff in the right ankle you might say, in the morning when waking up but then it goes away. The left ankle hasn't felt anything, though just a bit of my left shin has ached a couple of times in the last 48 hours. Anyways, hopefully, just hopefully with this rest and icing and taking Hammer Nutrition's Tissue Rejuvenation pills, I'll be in better shape come Monday. Those pills can't hurt I suppose, an ultra runner I follow takes them (Kelly Agnew) and says they help with his recovery. I can't even look at my RA or RW log summary right now, where it says in the last 7 days or last 30 days, I just can't bare to see it lol.
  Anyways, even though I am having to take a few days off doesn't mean Rocky should suffer so last night I ran him around our 5 acre property. I rode the 4 Wheeler and he chased it, that boy can get up to 25 almost 30 mph no problem so I'll call last night speed work for him lol. We did this for probably 15 minutes and then another 15-20 minutes of just riding around at 10-15 mph, then even slower when Dorian rode with me. Rocky definitely got a workout from that, then this morning we went around easy for 25-30 minutes at 10 mph. Then Rocky got a bath due to all the mud lol.
  That's the nice thing about having 5 acres of property, and thankfully Rocky can still get a good work out even when I am having to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment