Sunday, April 20, 2014

Can it Get any Muddier?

   I decided to set my alarm to 5 AM, since I was wiped out yesterday and wasn't allowed to nap at all. As I was going to bed at 9:30 I thought about setting my alarm for 4 AM, but forgot. Luckily I already had an alarm ready to go at 4 AM. I forgot that my braces were still in the dryer downstairs, and my stepson sleeps downstairs in the room next to the laundry room so I didn't bother to go down there as I didn't want to wake him up.
   Rocky and I had 6 miles planned but as the run started, somewhere between my calves and ankles ached a lot (I seriously think my legs are tired of all the mud) and I was a little worried that it was a bad idea to run without the braces. I just wanted to at least run 3.8 miles to reach 30 miles for the week dang it. It kept on for the first mile before going away, and things got better.... except for all the freaking mud. I even made the stupid mistake near mile 4 and after by running the one trail I avoid like the plague during this crappy wet season. It was grotesquely nasty and my ankles and calves started to complain, thankfully it was only a quarter of a mile long.......... ick.
   I am half tempted to see if my mom will watch Dorian at some point today so I can go out there and place logs/limbs and stuff as makeshift bridges at the flooded sections. Someone has attempted to at least have one limb laying across but dude you either have to slow way down or trip into the water, either way you're slowing down. Volunteers have managed to put two boardwalk bridges at two of the worse flooded areas but there are two more spots that could benefit from some boardwalks.
   Anyways, this was a very slow run, very slow. It was 52 degrees but felt like 48, not bad either way. I won't even mention the elevation, but I realized after uploading the workout that the elevation correct was disabled, maybe that is why my GPS has been acting nuts.
   We ran 6 miles in 1:09:57 with an average pace of 11:39 min/mile, just taking it easy. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:59
Mile 2 - 10:54
Mile 3 - 12:12
Mile 4 - 11:55
Mile 5 - 12:26
Mile 6 - 10:28


     I want to go back to sleep................

No comments:

Post a Comment