Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Could Fate be Smiling Upon Me?

Okay, so back in February I mentioned or asked DH about the possibility of a vacation next year to the Grand Canyon, somewhere between late Spring to early May. He said it was possible, but since that was so far away I just put it back in mind so I could handle other things.
 Well, this morning on the FB page Trail and Ultra Running someone mentioned an Inaugural race being held this May (so it will most likely be in May every year) - the Grand Canyon Ultra / 50k, 50M and 100M! I got to looking more into it and am excited, if I could possibly talk DH into a vacation right around this time, I'd have a chance of running the 50k distance (I'd really like to run the 50 but with that being a year away I just can't say if it is a possibility).  It just feels like fate, when contemplating this vacation I wasn't considering any races but maybe some runs in the canyon but I would love to do the race dang it! Someone mentioned on the page that it sounds like it is ran on the top of the canyon so it shouldn't have too large of an elevation change/gain, but who knows. The first race is May 17 and I am definitely going to keep an eye on it and see what race reports follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment