Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chilly, Long and Musical 15.5

   I did not want to get out of bed this morning, I mean I seriously just wanted to stay in there for a couple more hours and not move. I don't know why, but the bed just felt really good........ after about 20-30 minutes of debating and also waiting for the sun I finally got up.
   I had some coffee but nothing to eat, I had ran out of my Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins but I wasn't hungry waking up and I had already intended on not eating anyways, trying a few new fueling techniques. I did have coffee and then went to the bathroom a couple more times after putting on my hydration pack and my MP3 player and I was out the door. It was chilly, I will not lie but I wore my capris, and my under armour long sleeves. 
   The run was feeling really good, other than being cold at 34 degrees with a feels like 27. I decided to run one of my older routes that I haven't ran for a month or so, figured if anybody was stalking me they wouldn't be suspecting me of running it. Amazingly I didn't even have any urge to use the bathroom and I was doing pretty good running on empty too.
   I did go ahead and have two sips of gatorade at mile 7 then kept on, wishing I had brought my sunglasses with me. I really do find it more comfortable running with my UltraSpire Surge hydration pack than the hydration belt, surprisingly it stays very snug where I want it to.
   My right ankle was still giving me a little trouble but nothing big, other than that my legs were feeling real good. I think I took two more sips of gatorade around...... mile 10 or 11, I can't remember now? I was amazed that I still didn't have the urge to go to the bathroom.... until just after mile 12 and then I was hoping I could find a spot soon. That spot came at mile 13.5 and I ran off into the woods for THAT kind of bathroom, afterwards I felt empty and even though I think I could have finished the run without any fueling, I went ahead and consumed a GU along with water.
    Overall it was a really good run, and I have not really been starving today which is a surprise. I ran the 15.5 miles in 2:32:34 with an average pace of 9:51 min/mile, not bad and I am still staying under a 10 minute pace. The elevation thing was off, WAY off again so I won't even mention it, I assume I probably got a total of 200-300 feet in elevation gain.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:47
Mile 2 - 10:19
Mile 3 - 10:11
Mile 4 - 10:14
Mile 5 - 10:02
Mile 6 - 10:02
Mile 7 - 9:42
Mile 8 - 9:40
Mile 9 - 9:34
Mile 10 - 10:00
Mile 11 - 9:54
Mile 12 - 9:51
Mile 13 - 9:42
Mile 14 - 9:27
Mile 15 - 9:08
.4        - 8:04

        Not bad splits, if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment