Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Very Surreal 9 Miler

 My alarm was set for 4:15 AM, because Cameron had to be up and out the door by 6:15 this morning and I wanted to get my 9 miler in. I found that I just couldn't freaking sleep, so at 3:30 AM I was up and getting ready for the run. I wasn't starving, but I was a bit hungry so I had a Chocolate Outrage Gu and some water before leashing Rocky and getting my blinky vest, hat and gloves on. Temperature was 30 degrees, and I found that the gloves I had on weren't warm enough so my fingertips were freezing.
  It was gorgeous out, no cloud in sight and the moon was shining so brightly that I felt comfortable on the back country roads that I normally avoid before daylight. There was barely any traffic out, which felt really great and made the run even more peaceful. The only issue was around mile 7 as we passed a house and one of the dogs were loose, he can get through a hole in the fence and is always trouble for me. Luckily he stayed in his yard but I was ready to spray him with pepper spray and kick him if I had to, he just barked at us and then got back into his yard.
   Other than that dog, the run was great and I am so glad I got up at 3:30 AM and beat the sun, we finished our 9 miles before the sun even began to start rising. The only light we had was from the moon and it was great, just really amazing and I hope I have more runs like that.
   Rocky and I finished 9 miles in 1:31:58 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile, elevation gain of 202 feet and a loss of 205 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:43
Mile 2 - 10:28
Mile 3 - 10:22
Mile 4 - 10:31
Mile 5 - 10:19
Mile 6 - 10:08
Mile 7 - 10:17
Mile 8 - 10:11
Mile 9 - 08:56

   Tomorrow we've got 6 easy planned, and I am hoping it will be warm enough for shorts but I've got no problem wearing my capris so long as I don't have to wear those tights anymore until next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment