Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Record Mile

   The original plan was 15.4 miles this morning, I had gotten up at 6:20 AM and fixed my coffee and had a Cinnamon Raisin English muffin, then looked the weather and just took things slow. I also took some pepto-bismal before heading out, trying to head off any GI issues. Things were a bit questionable within the first hour or 6 miles, but I just kept going along and hoping things would get better. I made one pit stop just before mile 6, and that was the only pit stop during this run (crazy!) and I think I had a couple sips of gatorade between mile 5 and 6.
   The sun was shining, it was around 28-30 degrees out so I wore my capri's, both of my long sleeves and I was concerned if that was too much. I also tested out my UltrAspire Surge pack and might I say I like it a lot - I had the 33 oz or 1 liter instead of the 70 oz or 2 liter in, I probably won't need the 2 liter reservoir until I'm running distances longer than 20 miles and during the hot summer.
   Around mile 8 or 9 I was beginning to feel a lot better though my left knee and my right ankle kept giving me some issues but not enough to slow me down. I'd say I probably took a few sips of gatorade again around this point but I can't remember, just between mile 9 and 10 I consumed a chocolate GU after a large and then some water behind it.
   By mile eleven I decided I wanted to reach 16 miles this time, and I was going to avoid the two last roads with the large hills that I had originally planned and went a different route for the last 3-4 miles that only had some hills and consumed my orange GU at 13.7 miles and some more water. I was definitely feeling it, and honestly I am a little concerned with how I am going to do with these long runs during summer and the nasty heat and humidity.....
   I ran 16 miles in 2:38:20 with an average pace of 9:54 min/mile, elevation gain of 412 feet and a loss of 423 feet. Not bad, and I am still staying under 10:00 min/mile pace.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:42
Mile 2 - 10:13
Mile 3 - 10:10
Mile 4 - 10:14
Mile 5 - 10:27
Mile 6 - 10:03
Mile 7 - 9:47
Mile 8 - 9:28
Mile 9 - 9:37
Mile 10 - 9:41
Mile 11 - 9:48
Mile 12 - 9:49
Mile 13 - 9:41
Mile 14 - 9:40
Mile 15 - 9:35
Mile 16 - 9:25

No comments:

Post a Comment