Friday, March 7, 2014

Our Chilly Hilly 6.2

  This morning, my garmin misbehaved again but not with the starting point - this very route that I've ran many times before normally gives me around 141 feet of elevation gain but this morning it gave me a gain of 925 feet and a loss of 1,017 feet. I try not to focus too hard on the elevation changes as I know they can be off, but this was a lot!
   Anyways, Rocky and I were out the door just before 5:30 AM and the sun was starting to rise. This Saturday night we've got to set our clocks forward one hour - Spring Forward, Lose an Hour of Sleep. This means that most of my morning runs from now until we Fall Back An Hour next Fall.
  Temperature was 27 degrees with no wind, a bit chilly but still better than single digits or even the teens. Heading out, I was pretty indecisive about our route and mileage, I really wanted 7 miles but knew it would probably be a smart idea to do closer to 6 easy miles. Rocky and I did our one loop 6.2 mile route that we haven't done in a while, where that one hilly road is at the end of the run.
    We ran the 6.2 miles in 1:05:48 so it was definitely a slow and easy pace of 10:37 mini/mile, though my legs were a bit sore this morning for some reason. I've found that after a day of doing the plank position has caused my calves to be sore lately - which sucks because I really like the plank position.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:56
Mile 3 - 10:50
Mile 4 - 10:39
Mile 5 - 10:14
Mile 6 - 9:48
.2      - 9:43

    Not bad, kind of more of a progression easy run. This Sunday is my long run, and I haven't quite decided if I am going to do another 15 miler or try for a 16 miler this time.... I guess I'll just have to see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment