Friday, March 28, 2014

A Very Pleasant 6 Miler

   All night it rained, but by midnight it was storming with lightning and the wind pounding the house with rain. There was a little bit of thunder but not much, and luckily the storm and rain was over about 30 minutes before I woke up. It was 53 degrees with 7 mph winds but I chose to wear my capris anyways, I sure wish I had thrown on a pair of shorts though. Still, it was so freaking much better than Wednesday's 19 degrees.
   These new shoes appear to be doing just fine, so that is good. I could also tell that Rocky's vest was a bit warm for him this morning, I am so glad I decided to buy one of those LED Light up harnesses and a LED Light up leash for him so this summer he won't have to wear that overly warm vest and still be visible to drivers.
   Overall the run was pleasant except for two 4-legged annoyances, one old black lab mix that just want to run to the end of his property and bark then go about sniffing. But towards the end, a Boxer/Bully mix came out of nowhere in a yard where I've ran past so many times and I've never seen a dog. She stopped about 15 feet from us in the yard, but I had no plans of moving until she went on about her business because I could tell she would have came out of her yard to harass Rocky or worse. Luckily after a 2 minute standoff, the woman came out and tried to call her in, then hollered at her husband who came out and successfully called the dog in. Sometimes Rocky is a benefit (that Dobie that seems to enjoy seeing Rocky, but doesn't care about me) and sometimes I think many of the dogs come at us more because of him than me.
    After that, it was back to all is well. We finished 6 miles in 1:02:19 with an average pace of 10:23 min/mile, elevation gain of 119 feet and a loss of 120 feet.
    Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:50
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 10:20
Mile 4 - 10:34

Mile 5 - 10:12
Mile 6 - 9:49

No comments:

Post a Comment