Thursday, March 13, 2014

An Easy 4 with Rocky

   I decided that Rocky and I would try for 3 miles this afternoon and see how things go, I figured yesterday's day off from running did me enough good for a short run.
   The temperature was 48 degrees and sunny with 9 mph S winds, so I wore my capri's and a dri fit tee and my hat because I like it. I had already decided on 4 miles when we parked, because 3 miles is just too short for me now :)
   The first mile or 2 was tough, Rocky was being difficult and moronic which I guess was because he hadn't been out for a run since Monday and was trying to go at full speed. Because of that, I couldn't find my stride for the first 2 miles and my shins were hurting a little. Things started to ease up (Rocky stated to ease up) at the turn around heading back to the Tahoe. 
   Rocky and I ran 4.1 miles in 42:45 with an average pace of 10:26 min/mile - the .1 was because I didn't want to stop midway on an incline dang it. Elevation gain was 56 feet and a loss of 48 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:12
Mile 2 - 10:31
Mile 3 - 10:39
Mile 4 - 10:22
.1      -  10:22

   I've got 5 miles planned tomorrow morning, hopefully things will be a bit better than today's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment