Friday, March 14, 2014

Early Morning 5 Miler with Rocky

   Rocky and I were out the door before 5 AM, the temperature was a warm 39 degrees with a feels like 33 and 10 mph S winds but surprisingly warm and I was wishing I hadn't worn my gloves or thermal tight long sleeve thing.
   It was a slow run, that is for sure and a bit of a sore one but not for the same reasons as yesterday's run, not sure what is going on but maybe my sciatic nerve is the culprit.
   Anyways, we ran our 5 miles in 53:50 with an average pace of 10:46 min/mile. Elevation gain of 96 ft and a loss of 94 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:27
Mile 2 - 10:59
Mile 3 - 10:32
Mile 4 - 10:28
Mile 5 - 10:24

   After we got back into the drive, I let Rocky took off leash and he took off into the neighbor's yard (we all have like 2-5 acres of land out here so.... it's a big yard) and was rutting around in the grass. Then we got into the house, I gave him two... cups of his food knowing that normally he only eats half that and saves the rest for later. He inhaled it all within 3 minutes, 10 minutes later he's at our bedroom door having seizures he normally gets after eating something outside (mushrooms, chemicals, who honestly knows what our neighbors have out there), he then pukes ALL of his food up in our room (yay). Suffice to say, I was aggravated, either whatever he ate in the yard or his eating way too fast way too soon after running caused his puking. I'll remember from now on to wait 5-10 minutes before putting food in his bowl after our runs.
   Not sure how tomorrow is going to go, I definitely don't think it would be wise to "race" the Run of Luck but I do want to go, and I don't know if I will go out for a 7 miler before the race or try to get a few miles in afterwards, no big deal either way to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment