Monday, March 24, 2014

5 Miler this Morning & Received an Upsetting Email this Morning

   Okay first, Rocky and I went for a 5 miler this morning on the roads, my legs were sore but not bad though my right ankle was hurting. I am currently wearing one of those thingies wrapped around it hoping it helps. 
   Even though things were sore, I think my legs seriously appreciated pounding the pavement after yesterday's run on Two Lakes Loop, it would have been a moronic idea to have gone to Angel Mounds trails this morning because I could barely lift my feet up high enough to avoid hitting a root or something.  
   It was 27 degrees with a feels like 20 so I had to drag out my tights, dang it. This was a simple out and back run, I just wanted to get in an easy 5 miler and we succeeded. We ran 5.1 miles in 53:45 with an average pace of 10:32 min/mile, 53:45 seems to be a very popular time for my 5 milers here lately.......... weird. Elevation was 75 feet gained and 80 feet lost, I know a few days from now that will be nothing after yesterday BUT right now my legs felt like it was just close to too much.
  All in all, a good run.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:16
Mile 2 - 10:50
Mile 3 - 10:14
Mile 4 - 10:29
Mile 5 - 9:58
.1       - 9:32


    Now for the bad news, this morning I received an email from Chris Hollinden - the race director for the Indian-Celina Challenge, informing me that the 2014 race has been cancelled........... WHAT!? Are you freaking serious??!!!! I just got my butt royally kicked on that course yesterday, gauging just how much I needed to train for the race only to find out it is cancelled!!!!! He stated that while many factors were weighed in this, very low pre-registration numbers was the final tipping point.......... June is still over 2 months away, how the H-E-LL can they make that decision with over 2 months still to go and for registration to possibly pick up?
  He also mentioned that I will be refunded my $54.31 registration fee AND my processing fee with two exclamation marks which to me is weird. Not to mention my gmail is warning me that this may not have been sent by Chris Hollinden............ so I emailed him asking for confirmation and we will see if it is true, I don't want to get my hopes up but dang it I really hope it was a scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment