Monday, March 24, 2014

More Races to Look at for the Future

  So I've been doing more searching and googling to see what kind of races are out there and near me. My interests are in the 26.2 mile distance, 50k, 50 miler and possibly someday the 100m (of course everything in between those too). 
   Side note: after yesterday's run on the Two Lakes Loop I've realized that I need to get seriously serious about hitting hilly trails like the ones at John James Audubon Park if I even want to do more than dream about ultras or even trail marathons. There is one large loop of 3 miles or so, and either I have to fit it into Thursday as a 3 miler or on my LR day (Sunday) after my long run. Or I could cut my Friday 6 miler in half and do this:

Sunday - Long Run
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 9 Mile Mid-Long Run
Wednesday - 6 Miles Easy
Thursday - 3 Miles at Audubon (Hills)
Friday - 3 Miles Easy
Saturday - Rest

or

Sunday - Long Run
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 6 Miles Easy
Wednesday 9 Mile Mid-Long Run
Thursday - 3 Miles Easy
Friday - 3 Miles at Audubon (Hills)
Saturday - Rest


    The second one seems like a more doable schedule giving my legs plenty of rest after the 3 hard workouts (LR, MLR and Hills). I might even do this after 3 miles on those hills gets easier:

Sunday - Long Run
Monday - 6 Miles Easy
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 9 Mile MLR
Thursday - 3 Miles Easy
Friday - 6 Miles at Audubon (Hills)
Saturday - Rest

  We'll just have to see, either way I've got to have someone watch Dorian when I run Audubon as I can't go until the evening. They don't open until 7 AM and by then Cameron is waking up to head to the shop, so morning runs there are out of the question. It is frustrating that the only good piece of trails with hills don't open until 7 AM and close at Dusk.

Anyways, now for the other races I have my sights set on for the future starting next year.

Thunder Rock 100 - Ducktown, TN - May - this one won't be looked at until probably 2016 or 2017 as I have my heart set on Ozark Trail 100
Backside Trail Marathon - Louisville, KY - 26.2M - April
Scenic City Trail Marathon - Chattanooga, TN - April

Anyways, those are the extra races that I will be adding to my hopeful list.

No comments:

Post a Comment