Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last Night and This Morning

  Last night or late afternoon, Rocky and I headed to the greenway to get in 6 miles, I realized around mile 3 that the pace was too fast for an easy 6 so at mile 4 I decided that we would go ahead and do our 8 mile MLR.
  The temperature was like 34 degrees, there were quite a few runners out and I think part of that was because a lot of people saw on the GERWC facebook page that the greenway had been cleared of snow (I'd like to thank whoever does that). The greenway still had some ice in areas under the bridges (4 bridges to be exact) so I had to be pretty careful.
   I did not wear my long wool socks with my tights, and I am paying for it now. The left zipper from the bottom of my tights rubbed the back of my left ankle pretty raw, but no biggie... it wasn't affecting this morning's 6 miler.
   Anyways, Rocky and I got 8 miles in last night, ran it in 1:17:29 with an average pace of 9:41 min/mile. Elevation gain of 143 feet and a loss of 130 feet, though I don't quite believe it... but it could be right.
   Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:32
Mile 2 - 10:25
Mile 3 - 9:47
Mile 4 - 9:35
Mile 5 - 9:33
Mile 6 - 9:34
Mile 7 - 9:29
Mile 8 - 8:31


  This morning, my usual Wednesday alarm went off at 4:20 AM which is normally for the 8 miler. I debated for about 5 minutes or so on getting up, I wasn't really planning on running today, figuring I would make tomorrow and Friday my 6 mile easies. After a bit, I decided to check out the forecast just to see since I was awake. It was 20 degrees out, with a feels like 20 and no wind.... how the heck could I pass that up. Rocky and I were out the door in 15 minutes.
   Well.......... stupid GPS satellite crap, my garmin had the starting point 3 miles from my house and running in all sorts of circles before running me through fields to the point that is normally 1.5-1.6 miles into the run, so it was instead saying .6 miles but I didn't know why or what was wrong until I got back to the house and uploaded the work out. I was aggravated, maybe I didn't wait long enough for the garmin to find the satellites? Either way, I had to guess for the most part, but I knew the route relatively well so I figured I could get the 6 miles in one way or another.
   Near the end of the run, around mile 5, fog or mist starting rolling in and I couldn't help but think of the Stephen King movie "The Mist"....... little to say I picked up the pace. I really don't feel like showing the laps or splits because it only gives 5 laps thanks to the stupid satellite crap... I am so frustrated.
   Rocky and I ran 6 miles in 1:01:26 with an average pace of 10:10 min/mile, not quite as slow as I would like for my easy runs to be but I can live with it. I honestly don't think the elevation gain is true so screw it today, from now on I will give my garmin a minute or so, even after it says it found the satellites..... Pooh on technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment