Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Freezing, Frigid 9 Miler

  This morning's run............. freezing, I am so sick of this cold weather and it only made it worse when I made the mistake of not wearing my wind breaker jacket for added warmth or my warmer gloves.
  The temperature started out at 24-25 degrees but by the end of the run it was 19 degrees. No wind, but freezing cold to the bones.... I am so sick of coming back to the house and dealing with the chill in my bones for hours after a run.
 Rocky and I were out the door around 4:45 AM, with the plan to run 9 miles but I was seriously thinking of cutting it to 6 miles within the first 2 miles. My left quad was still sore, and it was freezing. I pushed on nonetheless, trying not to think about the cold or my quad.
  We did end up running our 9 miles in 1:34:28 with an average pace of 10:30 min/mile, I won't even mention the elevation changes as the stupid GPS was WAY OUT on elevation gain and loss by like 1,100 feet!
  Other than freezing our tails off, the run went okay and we got our 9 miles in. Friday is supposed to be raining, hopefully that forecast changes before then or at least it isn't raining in the afternoon/evening and I can take Dorian for an easy 5 or 6 miler.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:11
Mile 2 - 11:03
Mile 3 - 10:40
Mile 4 - 10:32
Mile 5 - 10:18
Mile 6 - 10:22
Mile 7 - 10:13
Mile 8 - 10:15
Mile 9 - 9:51

No comments:

Post a Comment