Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our 11 Miler on the Trails

   Still feeling sore from Thursday's race, I am hoping it will subside soon as I would hate to have to cancel the Holiday Streak. I got up just before 6 this morning, got dressed in a bit less clothing than the last week or so - it was only 43 degrees this time and I still ended up getting too warm. Rocky and I got to the trails at 6:30 and we were off, I was definitely feeling sore - the calves were the culprits and I know that has a lot to do with the race Thursday as they were frozen and I had to push so hard to keep them going. I had forgotten to eat a little something and so my stomach was seriously empty, and it did affect my run - I probably stopped once during every mile/lap. 
    Within the first 5 minutes of starting, we spooked 5 or 6 deer who took off into a thick brush area and in turn spooked what I am hoping was a Bobcat and not a Mountain Lion passing through our state. Rocky and I stood there for 3 minutes using our ears and eyesight trying to pinpoint where this angry predator was, only to finally set off on our run in hopes that we didn't run into it. The rest of the run went relatively well, short of being hungry and sore - right around 10 miles we ran into a loose dog, a boxer/husky mix who ended up being friendly but didn't feel like running with us.
    We ran the 11 miles in 1:55:27 with an average pace of 10:29 min/mile, elevation gain of 155 feet and a loss of 153 feet.
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:52
Mile 2 - 10:28
Mile 3 - 10:46
Mile 4 - 10:39
Mile 5 - 10:17
Mile 6 - 10:23
Mile 7 - 10:23
Mile 8 - 10:20
Mile 9 - 10:53
Mile 10 - 10:18
Mile 11 - 10:05

    So not a bad run, I actually felt slower than I was apparenlty going so that is a good thing. I had originally planned to run 8 miles up at Hoosier National Forest, to get a taste of the hills and elevation changes I will be expecting on June 14 but I don't think I will start training there until after January 25th's race, we'll just have to see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment