Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Quick and Warm Run with Dorian

   Today was a really good feeling day, the high was like 60 degrees so since I couldn't really get mom or sister to watch Dorian I decided to take him in the stroller so Rocky stayed at the shop. I'll say one thing, it ain't easy to run with a stroller especially if you don't do it often. When we started, I was tempted to just do a mile but around half a mile I decided to suck it up and head for the mile 1 marker. At that point I figured a little over 2 wouldn't hurt, never know what tomorrow or Saturday, or even Sunday might bring.
   I ran the 2.2 miles in 22:35 with an average pace of 10:16 min/mile, elevation gain of 34 and a loss of 27 feet. The temperature 57 degrees, 16 mph SSW winds and humidity of 63%, not bad at all.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:44
Mile 2 - 9:58
.2      - 9:23

   Forecast says ran for tomorrow and Saturday, so we'll see how I manage to get up for tomorrow's 5-6 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment