Friday, December 20, 2013

A Very Nice, Warm Run with Rocky

 Rocky and I got up and were out the door by 5:05 this morning, a beautiful temperature of 54 degrees, 12 mph S winds that felt really good. I got to wear shorts and a t-shirt which again felt really freaking good. It only took me like 5 minutes to get ready compared to the 10-15 minutes it normally takes me to prepare for cold runs. I miss being able to dress that quickly for runs, this whole layer on top of layer thing is getting a bit annoying.
 My calves were a bit sore, but not bad though I had planned on using the foam roller last night and forgot. I think we started off relatively slow, but I had no plans of making it a fast run.... just nice and comfortable. No run ins with other dogs so that is a good thing, always nice not to be slowed down by others.
 Rocky and I ran 6 miles in 1:02:41 with an average pace of 10:26 min/mile, elevation gain of 89 feet and a loss of 77 feet. There were sprinkles the whole time, but no rain and I could've sworn I had heard thunder at some points, but thankfully I got to enjoy the little sprinkles on my face.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:51
Mile 2 - 10:36
Mile 3 - 10:16
Mile 4 - 10:34
Mile 5 - 10:25
Mile 6 - 9:57
  Overall, it was a comfortable pace though around the last mile my empty stomach really began to hurt but did subside thankfully. 

  This Sunday I think I am going to head to Hoosier National Forest and run the Indian-Celina trail course, or at least try for 11.6 miles (to make for 30 miles this week). I don't know how I will do, and I don't know the conditions of those trails but I know my favorite trails are either flooded, completely disgusting (mud), or at least a lot of the trails or small rivers right now so it would not be a fun run to try and go through all that..... especially after last week trying to stop me from running. Tomorrow is supposed to be raining, but I hope to get 1 mile in... we will see how Sunday goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment