Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Not So Great Run

   Rocky and I got our 1.5 miles in tonight, on the roads out by the house dealing with cars as usual. Around mile 1, or just before it my left big toe started aching, that was about 2 hours ago so I can quite remember when it would hurt but it would stop if I stopped. My left calf was a little sore too, but it was more annoying just to be out on the roads. I hardly wear these shoes, they used to be for my tempo runs - same brand as my (road) long runs and easy runs but for some reason these shoes always felt weird so I think I am done wearing them. I am really hoping this was just a mishap of wearing the wrong shoes and still being sore from last night's run, tomorrow's long run (hoping for 12 miles) will tell me for sure.
   We ran the 1.5 miles in 16:01 with an average pace of 10:39 min/mile, temperature of 34 degrees, a feels like 26 and 10 mph WNW winds.  It sucked, because of my stupid toe.
Laps/spits:
Mile 1 - 10:55
.5       - 10:09

   I am concerned that this holiday streak is hurting me, I am scared that I am increasing my mileage too quick. I swore to this holiday streak and I don't want to have to quit it or even take a couple of days off. I've ran 17 days in a row now - 71.1 miles in 2 weeks and 3 days..... that is a lot for me. I can't wait until this stupid streak is over with, I am going to take a few days off or drop my runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment