Monday, December 30, 2013

Contemplating my Races for 2014

  Okay, so I am going through all my races for 2014, planning and deciding which ones will be "raced" and which ones will be ran. The first 2 of the year:

January 25, 2014 - Winter Trail Half Marathon - if I can figure out travel plans, this one will be just ran for fun as it will be at night at probably freezing cold or really wet and flooded. Travel issues are this - I have never been away from my son for longer than 3 hours and that was to the movies with hubby, just 5 miles from  home .... not 2 1/2 hours from home then a race and then another 2 1/2 hour drive which would keep me away from him for like 6-8 hours - I don't think I could handle it (loser, I know) and he most certainly wouldn't stand for it. The only solutions would be for hubby and my son to come up with me, let me get my race packet and then decide where they're going to go to stay warm depending on the weather. At this point I am not sure if I will be to do this race :(

February 8, 2014 - Hearts on Fire 5k - this I plan to run and race my hardest with hopes of placing in the top 3 for my age group. Looking at this past year's results, I will have to hurt myself to get a time faster than 23:00 in order to do that. We'll see..........

March 1, 2014 - Bound the Mound Half Marathon - this one.......... up until today my initial plan was to just run it and enjoy it..... until curiosity forced me to take a peek at the last 2 years' results. This will be it's 3rd year, and trail races aren't extremely popular around here yet. I looked at 2012's results for my age group had the winner's fastest time at 1:53:45, only 3 minutes faster than my IMHM this past November AND she was the top overall female that year. 2nd place was like 23 minutes later at 2:16:45 which I could easily beat as long as I train smart and don't get injured between now and then. 2013's results don't have my age group in there, only reason I can think of is that nobody in F25-29 ran this year's half marathon. Now, granted I like not having a lot of competition as I am not extremely fast BUT to have no competition just sucks and doesn't prove anything :( so I am hoping I have a few out there this coming year because I am going to race it, and push myself because it would be awesome to place in the top 3 at a half marathon even if there are only 5 or 10 of us in my age group! I sure hope I am not the only one in F25-29 :(

March 15, 2014 - Run of Luck 7k - I won't kill myself to race this one, but I won't really take it easy. This past year's fastest time in my age group was around 31:xx, so we will see how things go.

May 17, 2014 - The River Run 10 Miler - Pure enjoyment of it

June 8, 2014 - Indian-Celina Challenge - The Half Marathon of it, as I am not yet ready for a 26.2 miler. This one is going to kick my arse with the elevation gain of around 3,150 feet. The most I have done was at the Go! St.Louis Half Marathon which was around 1,000 feet. I'm going to need to train on some serious hills between now and this date if I am going to survive it (aka: going to John James Audubon State Park every Saturday for a 5-6 miler on the Back Country Trails). It's going to kill me, but it's going to be a great death.

October, 2014 - Evansville Half Marathon - Going to run this one purely out of loyalty. It is the race that started my love affair with running, and I will run this race every year - Running Gods help me.

Last but not least, the big daddy of 2014 (for me)

November 1, 2014 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon! My first full marathon, my very first marathon and I am so very excited (except it is 11 months away :( ...) I just want to survive this race and finish in okay condition, enjoy myself and have an awesome arse kicking. Hopefully my training will get me there.

   Okay, enough obsessing over stuff that is still so far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment