Friday, December 6, 2013

A Cold, Icy Trail Run this Morning with Rocky

   This morning I was determined to get up before 5, heck I got up before my alarm clock went off at 4:40 this morning. I was a little nervous as the forecast said freezing rain, but getting out on the road wasn't bad and getting to the trail head wasn't hard either. I was dressed pretty warm but not too warm, and Rocky was just loving the weather. Not soon after starting on the trail I realized I didn't need my headlamp - the accumulation of ice was so much that it lit up the trails and the woods around me just like snow. It was so peaceful and surreal, and even though I was going a bit slower than normal I could definitely feel the effort it was taking to run through and on this stuff.    We only ran 6.1 miles which is pretty much all we had time to do, finishing at 1:08:26 with an average pace of 11:13 min/mile and an elevation gain of 76 feet and a loss of 68 feet. The temperature was 27 degrees with a feels like 18 degrees and pelting freezing rain. It was a great run none the less -
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:30
Mile 2 - 11:37
Mile 3 - 11:06
Mile 4 - 11:16
Mile 5 - 11:08
Mile 6 - 10:51
.1       -  9:38 

     Tomorrow I've only got the 1 mile run which will be ran out on these roads, but I am really hoping and praying that I can get my Tahoe out of it's mess before Sunday so Rocky and I can run the trails for our 11-12 mile long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment