Friday, December 13, 2013

  Okay, last night Rocky and I ran 2 miles on the Greenway - at night so I actually let him run loose (with his leash attached to him) because nobody else was out there. Even for 2 miles, it was a pretty nice run - 19:52 with a pace of 9:55 min/mile which was a bit faster than I had planned but it is Rocky's fault.
Laps/splits:
Mile 1 - 10:18
Mile 2 - 9:32
   Not bad, and it felt pretty good overall. It was 25 degrees, and the sky was clear. I knew I was going to pay for this and Wednesday's run.
   This evening we ran 5 miles in rainy conditions, it had started out as snow half an hour before we left for our run but turned into rain. The Greenway was slushy and slippery, it took a lot of effort just to keep from slipping and falling and my legs were definitely feeling it. I wanted a slow and easy pace but this felt tiring and not so easy. We ran the 5 miles in 52:04 with an average pace of 10:24 min/mile, temperature was 34 degrees with rain.
Laps/splits:
Mile 1 - 10:29
Mile 2 - 11:12
Mile 3 - 10:33
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 9:52

    Tomorrow I'll run 1.6 miles on the trails just to see how they are and then I am going to decide after that whether I will run my 12 miles on the trails with Rocky Sunday or on the roads without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment