Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Relatively Tough Progression Run

   Rocky and I didn't get out for our run until the afternoon, at that point I decided we'd head into town and run the greenway as I didn't want to deal with vehicles trying to kill us on their way to family. 
   It was 36 degrees with a feels like 29 degrees and 8 mph SSW winds, and cloudy. We went to the Green way, no other traffic except for 3 or 4 cyclists. I wanted to definitely push it during this run, make sure it was a progression run, the last mile being faster than the first mile.
   We did stop 4 times though, first time was at mile 3 to take one of my long sleeves off as it was starting to get warm. Second time was just before mile 4, I was definitely feeling the pace and today. We made 2 more stops, as much as I hate to take stops like that but you will see why in my splits.
  We ran 7 miles in 1:02:05, with an average pace of 8:52 min/mile which is definitely my fastest 7 miler but would have been even more awesome had I gotten it under 1 hour. Elevation gain of 80 feet, and a loss of 75 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 9:56
Mile 2 - 9:49
Mile 3 - 9:29
Mile 4 - 8:48
Mile 5 - 8:33
Mile 6 - 7:56
Mile 7 - 7:35

    My last mile was the fastest... I think, I am pretty sure that is my fastest mile. I am getting closer to that 7 min/mile pace which is a very desirable goal. Definitely a nice progression run, Rocky enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment