Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Feeling Better this Morning

  Thankfully the 24 hour stomach bug is gone, I might have lost one day but I am going to do my best to keep running every day until New Year's Day. This morning was a little difficult, I woke up at 1:30 a.m and was tempted to run my 7 miles right then but thought screw it and tried to fall back to sleep. Dorian started getting restless around 4 a.m, and I wasn't able to get out of bed at 5 when my alarm went off, but then when I tried sneaking out at 5:41 (I must have fell asleep) Dorian got out of bed and came looking for me. He was so adorable and cuddly I just had to go back to bed with him for 15-20 more minutes.
   Rocky and I only had time for 5 miles which turned into 5.2 miles, so we'll have to do the other 2 miles later this afternoon. I felt really good, I honestly think having one day of no running really helped my legs because overall I felt good. Traffic was pretty crazy on the roads, a little annoying but I just focused on my run and keeping Rocky on pace. We ran the 5.2 miles in 51:02 with an average pace of 9:49 min/mile, temperature of 25 degrees and an elevation gain of 136 feet and loss of 138 feet. I aimed for many of the big hills around the house for this run as I haven't done hills in a while.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:46
Mile 2 - 10:03
Mile 3 - 9:38
Mile 4 - 9:42
Mile 5 - 9:12
.2       - 8:29
  Overall a good run, hopefully tonight's 2 miler will be just as good although a bit shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment