Thursday, December 5, 2013

Our 7 Mile Run on the Trails Last Night - and My 1 (11 min) Run this Morning

   I wasn't able to get up yesterday morning in time for our 7 mile run, lack of sleep and the bed feeling too freaking good. So I had my mom watch Dorian later in the afternoon, Rocky and I ran the trails at night and nobody was out there. It was extremely peaceful and warm, 68 degrees which had me wearing my shorts and sports bra and I was still pretty warm. I could have sworn that we were going at a pretty good pace - but everytime I looked at my garmin we were right around 11 minutes if not near 12 min/mile pace.
   I did something just before mile 6 that some or a lot would probably consider really stupid, dangerous or just plain crazy. I was feeling so great, so good and with nobody else on the trails I decided on a whim that I was going to run completely nude for a minute or something. And I did....... less than a minute but still - it was liberating, a little vulnerable but fun too...... until as I finished putting my clothes back on just before the trailhead leading to the levee - Rocky perked up and aimed his attention to the levee so I nervously looked and saw a shadow running on top of the levee - another runner was out there but apparently had stayed on the levee and didn't appear to have seen me or my nakedness.... I hope :( suffice to say I won't be doing that ever again.
   Rocky and I ran the 7 miles in 1:17:09 with an average pace of 11:01 min/mile so a bit slower than  I felt, but it felt great out there. An elevation gain of 116 feet and a loss of 103 feet, 68 degrees with humidity at 64%.
Splits/Laps were:
Mile 1 - 11:18
Mile 2 - 10:41
Mile 3 - 10:41
Mile 4 - 11:06
Mile 5 - 11:02
Mile 6 - 11:50 
Mile 7 - 10:29

    Right as lap 7 ended and lap 8 began (before I stopped it) the pace said 5:58, god I wish I had kept pushing it just to see how long I could have kept a pace like that up.

    This morning, I wasn't able to get up to run as Dorian was having a really rough morning and I thought Cameron was going to be getting up really early to head to Chicago for a machine. So I ended up running around our shipping tables at the shop for 11 minutes, so I assume it was a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment