Sunday, May 4, 2014

This Morning's Run on the Trails

   First thing I would like to say about this run, it sucked. Second thing, not because of any injury or pain. I had only gotten like 3-4 hours of sleep last night, and I didn't even want to get up at 4 AM but I forced myself up anyways. At around 3 miles my garmin started beeping "low battery" and I thought "LOW BATTERY!? WTF?" but I don't think I've charged it since Wednesday or Thursday so it kind of makes sense. I kept praying to make it to 5 miles, then I started up my cardio trainer on my phone, saved the 5 mile work out and started a new one with the phone trainer (I didn't know whether the garmin would save a current work out if it dies).
   The garmin made it to 3.63 miles (on the second work out) and a total of 8.63 miles before dying and magically saved the 2nd work out. It SUCKED holding my stupid phone in my hand, but what sucked more was that I was feeling really sluggish, and people (most with dogs) were already showing up on the trails which was even more annoying although the one I did run into with 2 dogs (who Rocky has already met before) were friendly and only paused us for about a minute. The rest I just tried to avoid, while tripping and stubbing my feet, my mood was diminished and I was tired. My legs were really unhappy with me, I forced them to rollerblade 2.6 miles yesterday morning and then hike another 2.1 miles later that afternoon and then only gave them 4 hours or less of sleep..... so yeah they weren't pleased at all.
  Rocky and I managed 10 miles before calling it quits and good enough.... Now for the confusing stats:
  The first 5 miler was done in 56:57 with an average pace of 11:23 min/mile
Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:13
Mile 2 - 10:17
Mile 3 - 11:05
Mile 4 - 11:55
Mile 5 - 11:20

    The 2nd work out or 3.63 died at 39:42 with an average pace of 10:56 min/mile.
Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:42
Mile 2 - 10:59
Mile 3 - 11:12
.63     - 10:51

     I probably could have made it to 9 or 10 miles on my garmin had I not stopped during the woman and her dogs, and the 5 minutes or so at the Tahoe when I was dropping off my headlamp and gloves and shirt. Not saying it is a definite chance, but just possible. My phone said 5 miles in like 56 minutes, not sure as I didn't save that and just put 10 miles in 1:52:00 so yeah.
    On the positive notes - 

  1. I got out and ran.
  2. I ran 10 miles with no pain, even slipping, tripping and stubbing.
  3. Still not feeling sore.
There you have it, my long run for this week giving me 26.2 miles for this week. That is better than the 19 last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment