Sunday, May 25, 2014

Five Miles on the Trails

  I originally decided to not run today after yesterday's race, and I was feeling like dog crap afterwards (which is usually how I feel if the heat gets to me during a run). But by the evening I just felt that 27.3 miles for the week wasn't enough, and Rocky needed a run this weekend.
  I forgot that my alarm for 3:30 AM was on, so I was woken up half an hour ahead of the plan and laid there until 4 AM. I didn't want to get out of bed, in fact I was seriously contemplating on taking the 27.3 miles and calling it a week. I got up anyways, had some coffee and headed out the door with Rocky for the trails. I figured the trails would be easier on my legs, my quads were hurting and near the last mile my right ankle was aching a little.
   It was slow, but that is okay especially after a race like yesterday morning. I do enjoy runs before the sun, it feels so much better.
   In short, we ran 5 miles in 55:42 with an average pace of 11:08 min/mile an elevation gain of 65 feet and loss of 80 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:12
Mile 2 - 10:26
Mile 3 - 10:43
Mile 4 - 11:18
Mile 5 - 11:01


No comments:

Post a Comment