Monday, May 5, 2014

Slow and Easy, and Somewhat Sore

   This morning I woke up around 3:45 AM but didn't get up until 4:15 AM, I wasn't tired but worried that Dorian would wake up while I was gone like yesterday morning and have Cameron up early. He wasn't happy at all yesterday as it was his only day off and chance to sleep in, but Dorian had him up at like 6:30 AM. I don't exactly have sympathy though, I know he works his butt off to give us a good living and carries 3 businesses along with the home property on his shoulders but dang it, I can count the number of days I've been able to sleep in since Dorian's birth on both hands.... it is rare but I don't really care much for sleeping in anyways.
   Okay, I got up, it was 60 degrees (yes) so I wore shorts and a tank top (I am feeling kind of "blah" right now, and don't want to take my shirt off). We got to the parking lot and I immediately noticed a car off in the shadows, sure enough it was a sheriff. I pulled in and parked and hadn't even taken my seat belt off when he started up and pulled in kind of behind me, I was holding my head lamp in my hands at that point. Thankfully he was nice, and even though the trails or whatever are closed between 11 PM and dawn, he didn't see it as a bad thing that Rocky and I were going to run the trails (but didn't say anything about being careful......... hmm). He soon took off, and I got the rest of the way ready and we headed off. I am just hoping I don't run into an officer who doesn't want me out there, or wants to be a dick. I don't think I've seen a sign saying anything about the trails being closed, and I know for sure the little parking space at the levee doesn't have any signs. I'll just keep going to this parking lot until someone chases me off.
   I was a little sore from yesterday's 10 miler after like no sleep, but not bad and my ankles or whatever are still feeling good so that is a good sign. Tomorrow is a no run day and I will enjoy the rest with hopes that it is helping me. It was a slow run, and I noticed the river is rising..... if it keeps rising I won't be able to park at that lot anyways as it will be covering a lot of the trail near there :(
   We ran 5.2 miles in 1:01:02, the slowest 5 miler I've ran on flat ground in a long freaking time but again I was taking it easy and in no rush to push it.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:05
Mile 2 - 11:51
Mile 3 - 11:40
Mile 4 - 11:42
Mile 5 - 11:42
.2      - 9:58

No comments:

Post a Comment