Monday, May 19, 2014

Still Tired, but Ran 6

  I woke up at 3:30 AM this time, got dressed and headed out the door with Rocky. I could already tell from the beginning that my body was still tired, and my hams and calves were still tight. I am really looking forward to not running Tuesday, and not running Thursday and possibly Friday. I'm hoping this fatigued feeling will be gone by Wednesday morning as I really want to get in a good easy 9 miler a couple of days before the half marathon.
   It was 52 degrees, no wind. I seriously wanted to be back in bed, but we pushed on. Near the end I had to spray some of my pepper spray at this stupid dog that is constantly out of his pen or off the chain they normally have him on in the back (a black Lab), he kept charging us and even came into the street so I sprayed it 3 times in his direction. Other than him, the run was uneventful and I was happy to have it done and over with.
  We ran 6 miles in 1:04:05 with an average pace of 10:40 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:14
Mile 2 - 10:32
Mile 3 - 10:42
Mile 4 - 10:36
Mile 5 - 10:36
Mile 6 - 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment