Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Still Sore During 7.4 Miles on the Trails

   After this morning's run, I figure a day or two of no running will help get rid of this soreness I am still feeling. I wasn't sure if we were going to run 6 miles or try for 8 or 9, and 10 minutes into the run I was seriously thinking 3 or 5.
   I wanted to wear my hydration belt but I am feeling so bloated I decided that Rocky would wear his pack and we'd have 2 bottles of water in there for him. It was humid, it was 70 degrees with 88% humidity and no wind. Rocky wasn't fond of it, and the trails are pretty much completely dry now so there wasn't any water he could just drink from on the go. Due to my sore quads and tight calves we stopped about every mile, it was taking my legs a long time to loosen up so maybe a day or two of just hiking will help.
  My right ankle or just above it... could be the calf muscle actually, it is feeling sore so I am trying to ice and foam roll as much as possible.
  We ended up running 7.4 miles in 1:23:37 with an average pace of 11:18 min/mile, elevation gain of 78 feet and a loss of 74 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:05
Mile 2 - 10:55
Mile 3 - 11:32
Mile 4 - 10:35
Mile 5 - 11:32
Mile 6 - 11:18
Mile 7 - 11:30
.4      - 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment