Monday, May 12, 2014

First run in Tennessee

 I didn't get much sleep last night, as I never do in a new bed in a new place. I think I woke up every hour near the hour after going to bed at 10:30 PM, finally waking up at 6 AM. I wore capris even though it was 63 degrees, 100% humidity and no freaking wind. My thighs were screaming, heck I was screaming. The downstairs has the two main bedrooms, and they are freaking freezing cold and we can't change the thermostat, trying not to worry about that though.... we're just enjoying being away from the shop.
  It was hilly, really hilly. Southern Indiana is around 400 feet above sea level, we currently are around 1,100 feet above sea level hear in the mountains in Sevierville, TN. We ran 5 miles in 52:44, with an average pace of 10:32 min/mile, elevation gain of 439 feet and a loss of 410 feet. We didn't go far from the cabin, 2 miles out after doing an out and back thing on the cabin's road (a half mile long street).... most of the residents around here live in shacks, trailers and just dilapitidated houses that are falling apart, and it reminds me of the movie Deliverance.... if I hear any dueling banjos, or even one for that matter, I am sprinting in the other direction with my pepper spray in one hand and knife in the other.
  It's going to be a stormy week, but I am going to try and get in 20-25 miles this week and so far I've got 5 so that is good.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:27
Mile 2 - 10:26
Mile 3 - 10:15
Mile 4 - 10:15
Mile 5 - 10:20

No comments:

Post a Comment