Wednesday, May 14, 2014

8 Miles in Tennessee

   After about a dozen cookie dough balls yesterday, I knew I had to run more than 5 miles this morning. Got up at 6 AM, it was so foggy that I couldn't see beyond 50 feet or so. This was definitely the smokies, that's for sure..... forget about bears, my biggest worry is the feral dogs and their puppies! I swear, I thought I was going to have to pepper spray them. There was the momma, the daddy and the 4 puppies that were probably around 8 weeks or 3 months old. They were most likely weaned but staying with their parents, great........... a pack of feral dogs is just what this place needs. 
   Other than the dogs, nothing else really happened. It was 63 degrees, 94% humidity and no wind again...... and looked like a scene from the mist. I can't even count how many times I had to stop for cars, I wasn't about to assume that these cars even suspected someone crazy enough to be out running around these winding roads, some where you can't even get off the road and out of the way. Rocky got to meet horses for the first time, he wasn't very sure what to think of them..... it was pretty hilarious, they were pretty curious about him though.
   We ended up running 8 miles in 1:22:20 with an average pace of 10:17 min/mile. Starting at 1,200 feet and managing to end the run just before the huge steep hill that would have gotten us back to 1,200 feet but instead finished around 1,100 feet. Total elevation gain was 615 feet with a loss of 738 feet. I'll say one thing, I miss Southern Indiana lol.
   Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:02
Mile 2 - 11:01
Mile 3 - 10:36
Mile 4 - 10:33
Mile 5 - 10:06
Mile 6 - 9:53
Mile 7 - 9:38
Mile 8 - 9:29

      I'll say one thing though, those are some really nice splits. :) Friday might see something like 5-6 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment