Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Fantastic 9 Miles on the Trails

   I was a little worried last night when I tried going to bed at 10 PM but couldn't even fall asleep until midnight, but I was up at 3:35 AM and getting ready. I was also starving, not the normal starving but the kind where you can feel it climbing up your throat and I didn't want to go out for a run with that feeling so I ate some of Planters Energy Mix nuts (yummy) and had some coffee. It was 66 degrees so I wore shorts and a sports bra, and it felt good. We got to the parking lot and no law enforcement, so that was good. 
   The river didn't rise any higher and in fact is going down so that is good news, the trails are drying up and I am getting used to just going through the mud. It started out slowish, but the pace soon picked up. Sadly on trails you can't really have a good progression run as the environment can always affect your pace.
   Around mile 2 I am not sure if I saw 3 coyotes or 3 deer, they didn't run away but just kind of meandered off the levee trail while watching me and Rocky.
    Just after mile 6 I spooked a freaking turkey, and it scared the crap out of me too, it couldn't fly worth a crap and was crashing through trees. Angel Mounds had two port-a-johns near the building, wonder if they were having some sort of event this week........ I used one of them.... twice.
   Anyways, as I had 2 miles left I noticed two cars were parking at the levee and I knew it was time to high tail it out before we ran into people.
  Rocky and I ran 9 miles in 1:35:53 with an average pace of 10:39 min/mile, elevation gain of 98 feet and a loss of 112 feet.

Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 12:10
Mile 2 - 10:31
Mile 3 - 10:51
Mile 4 - 11:07
Mile 5 - 10:48
Mile 6 - 10:08
Mile 7 - 10:32
Mile 8 - 10:03
Mile 9 - 9:42


No comments:

Post a Comment