Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I Can't Seem to Find The Excitement Now

  A couple of sleepless nights with a skull splitting headache thanks to Dorian's hard freaking bowling-ball skull cracking into mine every night, not to mention watching the forecast threaten thunderstorms on Saturday has caused me to just about lose all excitement and anticipation for the Half Marathon this Saturday. I was still excited even up to Sunday night and yesterday for the most part, but I feel like my head is going to explode today and I don't know what to take to make it go away. I've decided to cut tomorrow's run to 3 miles, and maybe run the other 2 miles Thursday depending on the weather. At this point I really don't care if I run again before Saturday, I just want a good night's sleep and for this headache to go away. Last Thursday Dorian elbowed me right in the corner of my right eye, and it hasn't stopped hurting since, I know the muscles around there are bruised, it actually goes from my eyebrow area (Procerus) down to my cheek muscle area (Levator labii superioris). Sometimes it is even painful to swallow.
    I am just freaking angry and frustrated now, the headache and the forecast has me figuring on a horrible run that I have just about decided won't be my goal PR and I might change that to the Indy Monumental Half next month rather than expecting any great results from this Saturday. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment