Sunday, October 13, 2013

My 8 Miler a Week After Half

  I don't think I blogged my Friday 5 miler....... oh well it was 5 miles in the morning and nice :)
  Last night I had my route planned with some hills, but this morning getting up at 5 I looked outside and began second guessing my route. I took out the door around 5:21 and it was dark, except for the stars there was no light, the sun hadn't even began to rise. I was trying to figure out what roads I was going to take, I really didn't feel like doing the hills (didn't get much sleep last night) and that same route had no street lights and a lot of woods....... and the deer rut is just beginning so I really didn't want to get trampled by a buck.
  I took to the neighborhood after a 2 mile run on my side of the highway, then crossed into the only neighborhood nearby where cars actually obey the speed limit (and it looks like a neighborhood). 
  It was 64 degrees and 94% humidity, but it felt pretty darn good to me. My legs were a little tight and sore, but not bad and hopefully with some stretching today I'll feel good enough for a 4 miler tomorrow morning and then a 2 mile trail run with Rocky later that day.
  I ran the 8 miles in 1:22:14 with an average pace of 10:16 min/mile, not bad for a long run and just 8 days after kicking butt at the Evansville Half Marathon, even in the monsoon.
Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:58
Mile 2 - 10:38
Mile 3 - 10:11
Mile 4 - 10:22
Mile 5 - 10:14
Mile 6 - 10:21
Mile 7 - 10:09
Mile 8 - 9:20

    Not bad, I made sure to pick up the pace at the last mile just to test if I had anything left in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment