Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Switching Things Around

   So I've been bitten by the trail bug........ again but much stronger than any other time ever and reasons are/could be:

  1. A new found bond I have with Rocky, I feel closer and more connected to him when on the trails.
  2. The colder weather
  3. My desire to train for next year's Indian/Celina Challenge (13.1 miler), I think that is going to be my Number One race next year, or my Number One focus for early 2014 though I still hate the fact that it is in June.
  4. I tired of making excuses, the rest of winter will consist of a lot of trail running, but I cannot promise anything in summer :P
  5. If I am ever going to do an ultra, I am going to have to become a die-hard trail runner (at least I feel that way).
  6. Roads are getting boring
I know there are other reasons, but those are the main ones. Roads have begun to get boring for me, and I feel so much stronger and more primal on the trail than I do on the road. It is so surreal and I always tell myself I am going to get more into trails, but somehow end up making excuses or something. I find it easier to get out there and run the trails now since I've got Rocky running with me and the trails are just so much more natural for us, it's a good reason.
Other than next week's taper, where I'll keep Monday and Wednesday on the roads and easy, haven't decided how I'm going to run my 8 miler this Sunday though......... after the Indy Half I am going to change my Monday and Friday runs to the trails with Rocky, maybe have a 2 miler trail run on Wednesday evening with Rocky but we'll see as I'll keep my 6-7 mile progression run (Wednesday) on the roads. Then every other weekend long run will be at Hoosier National Forest starting in mid November as I have a 15k trail race on November 16, two weeks after the Indy race. I'll consider that one of my trail LR, I am excited with it all and hope I can finally stick to this plan and run the Indian/Celina Challenge next year and be a die-hard trail runner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment