Wednesday, October 9, 2013

An Easy 4 Miler

  This morning was really beautiful weather, 52 degrees and a very starry sky with no clouds. It wasn't as peaceful as I would prefer, there was a lot of traffic out even at 5:30 in the morning. For a while I didn't think I was going to get out and do my run, but luckily Dorian fell back to sleep and I was able to sneak out the door. 
   I just ran 4 miles this morning, finished in 41:37 with an average pace of 10:23 min/mile, so for the most part it was a slow recovery run which is what most of my runs are going to be between now and Indy except for two 8 mile long runs, one 10 mile long run and maybe 1 or 2 progression runs.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:59 
Mile 2 - 10:20
Mile 3 - 10:06
Mile 4 - 10:09
   I plan on taking Rocky out for a 2 mile run this late afternoon/evening, we'll run 2 miles and walk 1 mile for a cool down. He is doing so well with the runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment