Sunday, October 27, 2013

An Awesome 8 Miler on the Trails with Rocky

  After a tough night due to Dorian's sleep schedule getting screwed up, I got up just a bit after 6 a.m and got ready for my run. Yesterday evening I decided to run my long run on the trails with Rocky, but I wasn't deadset on 8 miles as I was sure if he could handle it, his longest run so far was 5.5 miles while yesterday's hike lasted an hour and 17 minutes which he was pretty much running and trotting the whole time so that was his longest time so far. He did awesome, in fact he wasn't even exhausted when we were finished.
   I decided against wearing tights, since Friday morning I felt constricted in them, I decided to wear my hoodie over my long sleeves undershirt thingy (compression type) over a sporty spaghetti strap and figured I would just stop by the Tahoe and drop my hoodie off if it got too warm. I also wore my gloves, we were out the driveway by 6:45 a.m and started on the trail around 7:10. The sun was already coming up, I didn't need my headlamp as I could see very well. It felt better wearing the capri's instead of tights, much better. It was 34 degrees with no wind, and pretty much no humidity, it felt great even in capri's.
   We ran 8 miles in 1:18:55 with an average pace of 9:52 min/mile, with an elevation gain of 137 feet and loss of 127 feet. It felt great, my body felt great and I had no pain in my legs. Heck even my injured toe from Friday morning's attack felt great. Rocky did amazing, 85% of the time he was behind me trotting so that probably helped him too.
Laps were:
Mile 1 - 10:32
Mile 2 - 10:19
Mile 3 - 10:04
Mile 4 - 9:52
Mile 5 - 9:31
Mile 6 - 9:33
Mile 7 - 9:41
Mile 8 - 9:22

   It was a great run and I am so glad I decided to run the trails with Rocky rather than the roads without him. Tomorrow's 5 miles will most likely be on the road though, as an easy and slow pace and Wednesday will either be the same or 3-4 miles with Rocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment